Old December 25th 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Antenna for shortwave reception

JIMMIE wrote:

When I was in my teensI had access to a 5 mile beverage antenna in the
form of abandoned telegraph lines. I used to plug in the AM radio in
my car to it and listen for AM BCB dx. I could terminate either end
and hook up to the opposite end. In the day it was also a great way to
park with my date. Yes those were great times.

Jimmie

Amen brother, I pity those who have never felt the thrill, the mystery,
the wonder, the indescribable feeling--while very slowly turning that
dial ... and finding "that" signal!

Warmest regards,
JS