Old December 25th 08, 08:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default if federal law supercedes state law, then how are anti-scannerlaws legal???

JIMMIE wrote:

It works both ways there are Federal laws that overule state laws and
stae laws that overule federal laws. Kidnapping is a state crime but
made federal if you cross a state line with the victim. All federal
civil rights laws trump state laws unless the state's is more liberal.
I think most federal laws have a clause stating how they relate to
state laws. As clear as mud isnt it. The American Civil Liberties
Union is the place to contact tfor information on specific laws. I
believe they have already been involved in some cases in Virginia.

Jimmie

Jimmie

Yeah, but, I was always going to write the script for a TV story ...

Cutting to the quick, a guy has his his wife killed by a very bad man.
The guy then figures out who this very bad man is, kills him, buries him
in his back yard and gets away scott-free!

But then, you can tell, I'd never make it as a writer, and how would
anyone make an hour-and-a-half movie out of that single paragraph???? grin

Regards,
JS