Old December 26th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] plimmer@telkomsa.net is offline

Default need digital recorder advice

On Dec 26, 7:28*am, N9NEO wrote:
Merry Christmas.

I want to record a radio program late at night and listen to the next
day. *It's 4 hours. *I have a degen de1103 at work and I would like to
use some kinda digital recorder. *I would like to playback directly
into a set of headphones. * *I think a vox operated would suit me as I
can just program the DE1103 to turn on at night.

I see a nice looking

Olympus VN-3100 PC Recorder
Model: VN-3100PC *| *Catalog #: 14-114

at radio shack. *This looks like a reasonable unit, but battery
lifetime isn't very long, and not sure if it will run off of wall
wart. *I prefer to keep price less than 50 dollars.

*Would there be any benefit to a MP3 player?

So if you have any experience with recording with digital mode, I
would like some input.

Regards,
NEO

Those dictaphone voice recorders are not suitable for AM radio
recording due to their restricted audio. You want to get an mp3
recorder. There are literally hundreds of models in all price ranges.

I have an Edirol R-09 which is fantastic for my use but you sure as
hell won't find one for $50. But if you look on eBay you will find a
large selection of mp3 recorders being dumped as owners upgrade to
Apple iPods.

I dont know your Degen but if it has a "line out" facility, then look
for an mp3 recorder with line in facility.

If your Degen doesn't have "line out" then you ill have to record from
a mic and there are not many mp3 recorders with mic's.

Have a good look on eBay - you may hit the jackpot.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7700, Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx