Old December 27th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Who offers the best FREE atomic clock program?

Sydney Gondomer wrote:
I'd like to have a program that goes out and gets the exact time from
WWV, or someplace just as accurate, then it will synchronize my PC,
but I'd rather not pay thousands of dollars for it. I'd have to go
without electricity, and water for a year or so if I did that.

VOA Rocks!! The worlds shortwave king.

When can you hear it by the way?

"Best" is a hard qualifier to meet ... however, this one:
http://www.irnis.net/soft/aclock/
will work for windows 90 thru XP ...

Here is one vista capable:
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

These are readily available freeware, you should never have to purchase
one ... a Google search will provide you with many more. Why not try a
few before deciding which one you wish to keep?

On XP (and before), and, with the changed date of time switching
(daylight hours ... ) there is fix available ... you simply need to
download it ... again, Google is your friend.

Regards,
JS