Old December 28th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
RHF RHF is offline

Default Antenna for shortwave reception

On Dec 27, 6:14*pm, John Smith wrote:
Dave wrote:
You are not "pumping" any more "power" into a non-resonant antenna.
Unless you are using a tuner you are heating up your finals.

First, your use of "resonant" is just plain confusing ...

All my multiband antennas, which I have ever use in life, are physically
resonate on but one freq (or band.) *On the others, they are only
electrically resonate (and, lossy loading components are used to effect
this.)

A matchbox can always improve the reception on a poorly designed
antenna, a mismatched antenna, a non-physically resonate antenna, etc.

John Smith,

OK then what is a 'matchbox' in :
* a poorly designed transmitting antenna,
* a mismatched transmitting antenna,
* a non-physically resonate transmitting antenna,

Consider the 'matchbox' to be one element
in the RF Energy Radiating System :
Feed-Line + 'matchbox' + Antenna Element

i want to know - iane ~ RHF