Old November 17th 03, 05:09 PM

The Hexbeam 5Bi has gain and is resonant on 20,17,15,12,10. It has a turning
radius of less than 10 feet and weighs less than 20 lbs. The one you are
thinking about does, indeed, require the user to change the wire elements
for band changing, not the 5Bi, however.

The Titenex Log Periodic you refer to has a turning radius of 18 feet
(weight is just about the same for both antennas).

The original poster was looking for a small beam, hence my suggestion of the
Hexbeam (again, the permanent one, not the transportable one you cover on
your excellent website). My QTH, for example, does not have room for a 18
foot/ 6 meter turning radius.

Paul AB0SI

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote in message

" wrote in message
If small with gain on 20-10 including the WARC bands is the goal, I'd
suggest looking at the Hexbeam. Quite pricy compared to the TGM you
mentioned, though. I'm quite happy with my 5-band Hex, for what it's

worth,
and it's turning radius is 10 feet (even smaller in metric)

Hi,

Hexbeam is light, great for portable or small space but it has to be

modify
manually to work on other bands...
Not the best way.

You can get a Titanex beam, better, lighter, cheaper...
See http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-portable3.htm

Thierry
ON4SKY
QSL mgr for LX3SKY