Old December 28th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) Antennas -versus- Amateur RadioAntennas

Telamon wrote:

Yeah but we don't care about transmitting goofball, we care about
receiving and so that statement "A random wire (e.g. inverted L)
transmits nicely if you use a tuner at the feed point" by Dave is
relevant where you are not.

You ridiculous fool. You are the most complete brain dead example of a
sub-human which has ever been presented to me ...

Receiving is EQUALLY as important as the transmitting element in the
above. Or, to explain it to the necessary point, for a mental midget,
such as yourself: "If the signal being transmitted is low power, or
there are bad conditions, and, perhaps, the guy is in Australia, I'd
better have the "best" antenna possible. However, if I am receiving the
"50,000 watt atmosphere burner", 50 miles away, a rusty coat-hanger,
most likely, would work ..."

However, you mileage may vary with you "magical antenna logic!" grin

You hit me as a guy attempting to pass off "magical physics" to
kindergarten-ers; but then, even that is, most likely, a challenge for
you ... sad, so very, very sad ... :-(

plonk ...

Regards,
JS