Old December 28th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default Antenna for shortwave reception

John Smith wrote:
wrote:

Well, sure, but what does transmitting have to do with
anything? We are not talking about transmitting.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it, it is the same communication, both
ways, simply in reverse ... like I have stated before, the exact same
laws of physics governing the antenna makes it equally acceptable to
both transmitting and receiving. The same pattern seen in the signal
transmitted will be seen in the signal(s) received.

Your argument is the equivalent to arguing that a car designed to go
forward would not be acceptable when backing up ... simply ridiculous!

Regards,
JS

How does one transmit MW with a ferrite bar antenna?