Old December 28th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default WHAS-AM 840 - No More IBOC!

m II wrote:
Mike wrote:

I generally avoid the IBOC discussions in this newsgroup, but it
appears that another 50 kW clear channel station has turned it off, at
least at night. WHAS (840 kHz) in Louisville, KY, has had their
nighttime IBOC turned off for at least the last three days. It's been
a great Christmas surprise to be able to clearly receive WCCO (830-
Minneapolis) and KOA (850-Denver) without having to tune out the
annoying IBOC trash.

Way to go!

KFBK (1530 Sacramento) seems to be using the 'system'. Anyone close by
having any problems? I'm not getting any more noise than normal on
either side of the frequency, but it's a few thousand miles away.

mike
Calgary Alberta
Canada

Like KNX, KFBK has mild selective fading here. Whenever the fade occurs
the wubba-wubba-wubba-wubba sound comes up. You never used to notice
the slight fades, now they can't be ignored. I suspect this is true of
all AM IBOC stations farther than 30 or 40 miles from the towers.