Old December 29th 08, 12:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Best Portable for MW DX

Michael "I'm a college professor with a PhD" Bryant wrote:

On Dec 28, 3:46�pm, Ian Jackson

I've used my E5 to good effect to brush up my morse skills when sitting
on the toilet. SSB signals often sound a bit rough because of the
permanent AGC action. As I say, it's a 'fun' radio. Useful around the
house, and for taking on holiday, but I think you want something a lot
better for proper SWLing.
--

The real question is how the E5 compares with other subcompact
portables. The only thing I've found that's possibly better is the

I've heard that there is a great deal of variance in Eton's quality
control. I've never had any problems with images, overloading, or
birdies.

Unfortunately, you have had problems with lying about having a PhD.