Old December 29th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave[_18_] Dave[_18_] is offline

Default The Difference Between : Shortwave Radio Listener (SWL) -and-Amateur Radio Operators (Hams)

RHF wrote:
On Dec 29, 5:50 am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:

This is Why I refer to Amateur Radio as "The Craft" :
The Mastery* of the Body of Knowledge and Practices
related to the Science and Art of Radio Operating.
* All Praise Be To Them That Do.
-but- that is not me : for i remain simply a plain old
shortwave radio listener : who keeps his swling
"k-i-s-a-p" = keep/ing it simply and practical

- I enjoy sending intelligence from point A to point B without wires.
- enjoy making spikes (not Xmas trees) on my FSH-313. My work
involves
- UHF FM transmitters of between 10 mW and 250 mW. These need to go
- 300-500 feet (flawlessly).
- This is very similar to my hobby (what I enjoy).
- I can't believe they pay me to do this.

Dave - You Are One of The Lucky Ones. - enjoy ~ RHF
.

I do. Thanks.