Old December 29th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default "Loop Antennas" WebPage -by- James Dale {Mike Bates}

On Dec 28, 7:54*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,

*Dave wrote:
John Smith wrote:
wrote:

Well, sure, but what does transmitting have to do with
anything? We are not talking about transmitting.
* ...

It has EVERYTHING to do with it, it is the same communication, both
ways, simply in reverse ... like I have stated before, the exact same
laws of physics governing the antenna makes it equally acceptable to
both transmitting and receiving. *The same pattern seen in the signal
transmitted will be seen in the signal(s) received.

Your argument is the equivalent to arguing that a car designed to go
forward would not be acceptable when backing up ... simply ridiculous!

Regards,
JS

How does one transmit MW with a ferrite bar antenna?

- An MW ferrite antenna:
- Transmit antenna rating poor.
- Coffee mug warmer rating excellent.
-
- --
- Telamon
- Ventura, California

Telamon - Ah listening to the Early Morning Farm
"AG" Report on the AM Radio KMJ 580 kilo-cycles
with a Warm Mug of Coffee. - most excellent ~ RHF
KMJ 580 AM RADIO = http://www.kmj580.com/