Old September 3rd 03, 03:37 PM
Mike Allenson

Chris

I-Q Electronic Design had 3.560 MHz xtals in their advert in the summer
edition of SPRAT the G-QRP club magazine - e-mail
. There are also low power miniature 3.560 xtals
and 3.68 MHz ceramic resonantors in the member sales for the G-QRP club.
www.gqrp.com/ Some sale items are members only but at £6 pa membership is
a bargain and you will get SPRAT magazine which covers just the kind of
simple low power rigs that you are interested in.

Best regards

Mike G3TGD

"Chris" wrote in message
This is my first visit to this newsgroup...I am a new MI3.

I would like to put together a very simple QRP CW transceiver. The

schematic
I am using includes a 3.560MHz crystal oscillator.

Maplin's, Farnell etc. sell 3.579545MHz or 3.686400MHZ crystal oscillators
respectively and I am wodering will these do the job or should I be

looking
for a 3.560MHz crstal? The circuit does have a 65pF trimmer capacitor for
tuning but I want to sure about the crystal before I order.

Thanks for your help.

Chris