Old December 29th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Sarah Ehrett Sarah Ehrett is offline

Default Changing the battery.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:11:53 -0600, John Szalay
wrote:

wrote in news:55c5ccba-a8af-4999-b218-
:
:
: Hi everyone.
:
: I recently got a Radioshack Pro-96 for Christmas, and already it's
: giving me a low battery signal. Question is: If I change the batteries
: on it, will I lose the settings I have, or will it be OK?
:
:
:
: Will hold the settings,
:just make sure you use the proper battery holder
:for the batteries you use..
:
: Yellow holder for rechargeables and
:
: Black holder for non-rechargeables
:
: (Page 26 of your owners manual)
:
:FWIW:
: I'm getting really good life and usage using the
:RadioShack Nickel-metal-hydride rechargables in the
:Pro-96 (2100mAh)
:and my 96 gets a lot of use....everyday

I'll second your comments on the RS Nickel-metal-hydrides. I have them in
my Pro 96, Pro 97, and GRE 500 and all three are used daily.

----

" When reading you, I always see an extremely fat woman with
cankley wrists, tapping away at a keyboard, making that labored
breathing sound women make when they're way overweight. "

http://www.efanzines.com/EK/eI26/Karen-Anderson.jpg