Old December 30th 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
gleason gleason is offline

Default Seeking advice

Thanks to all replied.
Just a brief history.
In the late 50’s, I cut my teeth on an old RCA Victrola console radio/
phonograph combination. It had 3 bands:

A – special [ police, aircraft, amateur ]
B – standard AM
C – SW [ 9.3 – 15.00 ]

It had a tone and volume control, bandswitch, and that’s about all.
I had a 100’ longwire strung to a backyard tree.

I would spend hours on the floor with my ears ‘glued’ to the speaker
and listen to all the different foreign countries. I managed to QSL a
large number of them.

Agreed that the digital readout makes DXing easier, but I enjoy
‘digging’ them out [ what’s left of them anyway…! ]