Old December 31st 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default VOA via Madagascar on 9680 @ 2105 UTC

On Dec 30, 9:29�pm, RHF wrote:

=Q#1= Are you using the PAL (o) Connector for the FM
and Shortwave External Antenna ? [FM SW EXT ANT]

-or- Have you attached the External External 50 Foot Wire
Antenna 'directly' to the Radio's Whip Antenna ?

-or- Are you using the Twin [Black & Red] Terminals [GND
MW EXT ANT] for the External 50 Foot Wire Antenna ?

PAL Connector borrowed from my Eton E1XM...

=Q#2= Are you using a "Ground" with the External 50
Foot Wire Antenna ?

Nope.

=Q#3= Are you using a AC 'Mains' Power or DC Battery
Power with/for the Radio ?

I operate everything, except my R75, SAT800, RX320, and Sony 6800W,
off of alkaline batteries.

I live in a community which enforces anti-antenna regulations by
having the maintenance team report violations. My external antenna are
different length reels of wire stealth-deployed for limited periods
consisting of weekends, after 4pm daily and holidays.

I would be grateful for any ideas you might have on what I can do to
improve my antenna capabilities.

Q1: What about the plans that are periodically posted on how to use
telephone wiring as an antenna?

Q2: Any suggestions on baluns? Sources of Info?

Thanks,

Mike