Old December 31st 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tio Pedro Tio Pedro is offline

Default 01 tube as RF amp..

"ken scharf" wrote in message If you
want to use tubes from the same era, then I'd pick a '27 for the
oscillator. The 27 is probably the first tube in a chain of evolution
that led up to the 1626 which was used for the same purpose in the ARC-5
transmitters. (though the 1625 is a heck of a lot easier to drive than a
'45!).

I agree Ken. A lot of the early 30s rigs used a tetrode driving a 45.
I'll have to dig deeper. (Looking for retirement projects!)
I saw a neat design using a pair of 30s to drive a P-P pair of 33s in
one battery TX QST ran in 32 or so.

Pete