Old December 31st 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default VOA via Madagascar on 9680 @ 2105 UTC

On Dec 31, 5:32�pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article
,

�Mike wrote:
On Dec 30, 9:29?pm, RHF wrote:

=Q#1= Are you using the PAL (o) Connector for the FM
and Shortwave External Antenna ? [FM SW EXT ANT]

-or- Have you attached the External External 50 Foot Wire
Antenna 'directly' to the Radio's Whip Antenna ?

-or- Are you using the Twin [Black & Red] Terminals [GND
MW EXT ANT] for the External 50 Foot Wire Antenna ?

PAL Connector borrowed from my Eton E1XM...

=Q#2= Are you using a "Ground" with the External 50
Foot Wire Antenna ?

Nope.

=Q#3= Are you using a AC 'Mains' Power or DC Battery
Power with/for the Radio ?

I operate everything, except my R75, SAT800, RX320, and Sony 6800W,
off of alkaline batteries.

I live in a community which enforces anti-antenna regulations by
having the maintenance team report violations.

SNIP

Must really suck having the local Gestapo coming around checking up on
you. Any way you could disguise a clothes line or bird feeder? Maybe use
a metal gutter?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California- Hide quoted text -

Telamon,

Limited personal mobility makes entending the antenna reels the most
convenient way to avoid problems, at least at the moment. I also use
a slinky dipole (sold by Lowbander on eBay) mounted in the attic, two
AN-LP1s (one mounted out a south-facing window and the other out a
West-facing window and connected to an A-B antenna switch), and
several internal wires of random links. I also own two of the old
Radio Shack MW loops. Not an ideal antenna farm, but one that suffices
for my limited needs for entertainment.

We do have overhead telephone lines, so I was wondering what folks
thought about the plans that seem to be posted periodically in this
newsgroup about using telephone lines as an antenna.

I'll examine your suggestion regarding gutters. Thanks.

Mike
Louisville, KY