Old January 3rd 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave
Billy Burpelson[_2_] Billy Burpelson[_2_] is offline

Default cantenna

Billy Burpelson wrote:

Barry L. Ornitz, PhD WA4VZQ wrote:

Silicone oils are excellent from a health standpoint...

John Smith wrote:

However, the last silicone oil I purchased was at an auction... and
food grade to boot!)

I am a bit puzzled. IIRC, the silicone in women's breast implants
would/could/did leak and cause fairly serious health problems. Yet,
Dr. Ornitz says "Silicone oils are excellent from a health standpoint"
and Mr. Smith says: "food grade".

Could anyone take a shot at explaining this apparent dichotomy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kenneth P. Stox wrote:

There are plenty of things that are inert when passing through the gut
that will be lethal if introduced directly into the body.

And swallowing something is -not- being "introduced directly into the
body"? I would have thought otherwise...