Old January 4th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default CHU - 7850

In article , elaich wrote:

Actually heard this faintly last night using only the whip on the DX-440. I
hadn't heard CHU in years - it sounds like there is an SSB element now.
Aside from the AM tweeps, there was an SSB growler at the same spacing but
about a half second off. Is this coming from CHU, or is there another time
signal station on this frequency?

They have been USB for as long as I have listened to them.

As far as I know they do broadcast enough carrier for most AM detectors
to work but most of the power is in the upper sideband so you will
always get better reception of them in that mode. I don't think the
frequency change has changed the mode they broadcast in any way.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California