Old January 6th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Larry McGee Larry McGee is offline

Default HELP!! Motorola R-2001D Service Monitor

Hello and thanks for the read.. I have 2 R-2001 service monitors that have
low Generator Mode output.

The specs are that the output should be low of minus 127 dBm to a high of
plus 13 dBm using the step switch and variable.

Both of these units output a low of minus 147 dBm to a high of minus 17 dBm
using the step switch and variable.

While in the Generate Mode, the next line below the actual Volt/dBm reading
line reads:

DIST/SINAD INPUT Too low

On the older R-2001B monitor in Generate Mode, that line is SINAD DB with a
bar (graph?) below it.

Any & all thoughts are appreciated. Is it pilot error on my part? Settingd
on thr Front Panel? Internal setting problem?? Or ????

Thanks for your help. Larry