Old January 7th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Installing a Ladder Line to the house

In message , Dave
writes
James barrett wrote:
I've read some Q&A about ladder line and I didn't see exactly my
question. I want to run 450 ohm ladder line into the house. my tuner
has a built-in balun for a ladder line so I think I can just run the
ladder line all the way to the tuner.
How do I physically attach the ladder line to the house? All I can
think of is to nail it right through the spacers onto the side of the
house. But I don't know if the nails will interfere with transmission
at all.
A second that comes to mind when considering this setup: if I run
the
ladder line all the way to the tuner, how do I ground it?
Thanks,
kb1odg

Use coaxial cable to get through the wall, then a BalUn outside to
transition to the balanced transmission line.

Baluns don't like 'funny' impedances. Better to use 75 ohm twin through
the wall. If you don't have any lying around, maybe a bit of domestic
twin power cable/cord could be pressed into service.
--
Ian