Old January 7th 09, 12:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
john john is offline

Default Kenwood TS-850 Knobs - Removal Techniques

On Jan 6, 12:42*pm, wrote:
Hi,

I have a Kenwood TS-850s and need to remove the knobs for a little
maintenance. *They are on very tight and I'm afraid I'm going to
damage the pots/panel/knobs by removing them. *Any removal techniques
that will minimize any damage would be appreciated.

If the knobs do not have a set screw, you might like to try this
method. I have used it many times over
the last five decades. Take a heavy thick cloth and slide it around
the knob, then twist the cloth to form
a clamp, pull with a rocking right to left or up and down motion.
Warning, you might need to get some help
holding the rig if very tight. This method has worked for me many
times. K4ZYF