Old January 8th 09, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default C.Crane Shortwave Radio

Daniel Minge wrote:

If any one has the C.Crane radio I would to hear from them.
In fact, any responses most appreciated.

Minge.

I am with you, my favorite is an old DX-392, my only complaint on it is
that it is hard on batteries. I have some 4500ma hour NiMh-rechargable,
these provide a reasonable listening time.

My wife bought me a C.Crane radio a year or so ago, I sold it ... my
grundig does a lot better on batteries, and most of my other portables
are also "softer" on the batteries than the DX-392.

Regards,
JS