Old January 8th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default Installing a Ladder Line to the house

The 'simple' answer? Keep away from 'stuff' it may interfere with.
As for the worst case thing with high voltage? Change your antenna
arrangement.
How about hanging that ladder line from the suspended ceiling? Out of
the typical 'foot traffic zones'? Anyone asks, tell'em it's an RF
railroad line to your antenna. Sound crazy? so what, 'they' think
we're crazy anyway...
- 'Doc

Most of the wiring in the ceiling is what I put there. I just wanted to
demonstrate some of the problems associated with such an instalation.
Passing high voltage lines through wood -- even with a ceramic
sleeve -- is what really bothered me. The fact is I have room for
a 200 ft dipole, but on 160 m there are still high voltages on the
transmission line. I have pretty much made up my mind to build
a remote tuner, but the parts are very expensive.

Frank