Old January 8th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default 0.1" computer jumper crimping tool

In article 31l9l.460276$TT4.6927@attbi_s22,
"Harold E. Johnson" wrote:

And, after pinching the "tabs" on both the bared wire as well as the
insulation with a small pair of forceps for more years than I care to
remember, and being shocked at the $350 price tag for the tool for them in
Digi, I was directed to Jameco. They have

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...angId=-1&store
Id=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=159266&

Harold-

That tool looks a lot like the Radio Shack Catalog Number 64-410,
"Crimping Tool With Wire Cutter For Installing Solderless Terminals".
The Radio Shack tool has five crimp wells instead of two or three on the
Jameco Tool, and crimps 14 through 28 AWG terminals.

Fred
K4DII