Old January 9th 09, 10:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon Leon is offline

Default 0.1" computer jumper crimping tool

On 8 Jan, 18:56, Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article 31l9l.460276$TT4.6927@attbi_s22,
*"Harold E. Johnson" wrote:

And, after pinching the "tabs" on both the bared wire as well as the
insulation with a small pair of forceps for more years than I care to
remember, and being shocked at the $350 price tag for the tool for them in
Digi, I was directed *to Jameco. They have

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Display?langId...
Id=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=159266&

Harold-

That tool looks a lot like the Radio Shack Catalog Number 64-410,
"Crimping Tool With Wire Cutter For Installing Solderless Terminals". *
The Radio Shack tool has five crimp wells instead of two or three on the
Jameco Tool, and crimps 14 through 28 AWG terminals.

Fred
K4DII

I use the same low-cost tool that I use for crimping Molex KK
terminals. It's not the right tool, but it works OK if I'm careful.

Leon