Old January 9th 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave
radioguy radioguy is offline

Default why autopatches,ham radio, and CB radios are still good

It's a shame most autopatches were disconnected from most ham
repeaters.

Autopatches were good for getting at least some HOAs off your back for
using your ht while portable.

When they say something to you about it, just tell them it's your cell
phone, then proceed to use the autopatch to call your wife or friend.

You're not really lieing.

After all, the cell phone companies copied the technology they're
using from ham radio.

If they ask why they can hear the other side talking also, just tell
them it's a speaker cell phone.

There's plenty of those around. My cell phone does do it. And now my
regular landline phone does it also.