Old January 10th 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Campbell Bob Campbell is offline

Default CB interferencee to tv sets in the 70s and 80s

"radioguy" wrote in message
Yes, a lot of people recieved interference from cb radios on their tv
sets in the 70s and 80s.

However, despite what was said recently, the majority of these were
NOT caused by CB radios operating with illegal power.

The majority of interference was on tv channel 5 and caused by legal
power CB radios.

Yep, I went thru this myself. I was getting complaints from neighbors,
even though we had cable at the time. A cheap low pass filter from
Lafayette (remember them?) fixed it.