Old January 10th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
OM OM is offline

Default CB interferencee to tv sets in the 70s and 80s

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 19:40:34 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

"radioguy" wrote in message
Yes, a lot of people recieved interference from cb radios on their tv
sets in the 70s and 80s.

However, despite what was said recently, the majority of these were
NOT caused by CB radios operating with illegal power.

The majority of interference was on tv channel 5 and caused by legal
power CB radios.

Yep, I went thru this myself. I was getting complaints from neighbors,
even though we had cable at the time. A cheap low pass filter from
Lafayette (remember them?) fixed it.

....Yep. Had to install one of those myself on my base station because
the inbred idiot living behind the house threatened to burn down my
house if we bled over on his football games again. We called the cops
on him after my RG-8U got cut one night in four places, but the
******* apparently used gloves because no fingerprints could be found
that matched his. After we replaced the coax and added the TVI filters
from Lafayette, he apparently was satisfied. Until about a year later
and a Ham set up his rigs a couple of streets over, and was running
1KW most of the time. The inbred climbed his fence and tried to cut
the coax *and* the guy wires on his mast, and wound up getting caught
red-handed at gunpoint. After he got out of jail, the bozo packed up
his **** and his kids - couldn't tell between them too easily - and
moved away.

OM
--