Old January 10th 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bob Campbell Bob Campbell is offline

Default CB interferencee to tv sets in the 70s and 80s

"OM" wrote in message
...Yep. Had to install one of those myself on my base station because
the inbred idiot living behind the house threatened to burn down my
house if we bled over on his football games again. We called the cops
on him after my RG-8U got cut one night in four places, but the
******* apparently used gloves because no fingerprints could be found
that matched his.

LOL, wow I didn't have problems like that. My neighbors would just call on
the phone and ask me to stop, which I did.

I was running a Heathkit base station (a GW22 I think) that had 5 (count
em!) channels available via the front panel switch. You could actually use
any channel from 1 to 23 as long as you plugged in the correct crystals!
It was built by my older brother, and I sorta "inherited" it when he got
married and moved out.

Yes, it *was* a GW-22. Picture he

http://www.retrocom.com/New_Folder2/...20%20GW-12.jpg

the one on the left is the GW-22. The controls are off/on volume and
squelch on the bottom, and the 5 position channel selector above. Didn't
get much simpler than this!