Old January 10th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SC Dxing SC Dxing is offline

Default CB interferencee to tv sets in the 70s and 80s

Half the teens on my block were transmitting well above 4 watts from
their high antenna towers. I was transmitting at 16 watts on Channel
19 & 16 all the time. Yes, it made Channel 5 a living hell, and
channel 5 was WTTG out of Washington, a popular independent channel at
the time. By the early 80's, most of us in the nieghborhood lost our
interest in SB (interest changed to women)...... kind of a shame,
women cost a lot more to keep happy. But a CB won't keep you warm at
night or take care of your manly needs (unless your a sick
perv)....... so I guess I was 16 when I stopped with the CB nonsense.