Old September 5th 03, 10:00 PM
Limitedselection

From: "-=jd=-"

Now, I'm sure both my friend and the problem CB'er are both on the wrong
side of the law. I do not endorse either participants behavior and leave
the morality of the activity up to the reader. However, I do think it's
humorous - especially to hear my friend tell it.

JD,
Thanks for the story. I would prefer to use some cheap throw-away little
circuit instead of 'good' equipment though.

An email I received told a story about a guy building a small jamming circuit
and then using a slingshot to launch it onto the target roof. The guy had made
a small parachute (like those little army men toys) to slow it's fall. The
circuit was encased in an egg shaped container (Silly Putty maybe) so it rolled
down and ended up in the rain gutter - where it sat. Apparently the gutter
sheilded the signal from the ground making it nearly impossible to locate the
device. According to the story they were searching for it with field strength
meters and such and never found it - until the next rain ... but by then it was
long dead anyway.

Thanks again.