Old January 11th 09, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
k3hvg k3hvg is offline

Default LS-3 speaker

Antonio Vernucci wrote:
I would like to restore the original connections of an LS-3 army
louspeaker that I had modified many years ago, but I am unable to find
the connection diagram on google.

Inside the speaker there is a high-to-low impedance transformer, but I
am not sure whether both the low- and the high-impedance connections
were brought to the exterior. Also, I am not sure on whether one of both
transformer windings were connected to ground.

Can any one please let me know the original connections of the input
three-contact jack?

Thanks & 73

Tony I0JX

The connector used is the 3-pin military mic connector, same as on the
front panel of the BC-312 and '342. The high impedance side (only) of
the transformer goes to the tip and ground. The low impedance speaker
winding goes to the voice coil taps, only. I have come across a few
LS-3's that used tip and ring but don't believe that's correct. Reason
is, the LS-3 was designed for the above receivers and BC-312 receiver
(only) has DC (filament) voltage on the ring connection. WA5CAB may
have add'l info as he sells new LS-3s. Hope this assists you.

de K3HVG