Old September 6th 03, 08:05 AM
donut

(Limitedselection) wrote in
:

Thanks - Mike posted about sky waves (I was unaware of), so even a
very low power device centrally located in my property would
apparently be heard world-wide - which is NOT what I want.

I hardly think this would be a problem. For one, you'd need an antenna
radiating a large proportion of skywave. Second, the CB bands are loaded
with all kinds of open carriers, whistlers, music players, etc. so your
tiny part in this would be unlikely to harm anyone.

Actually, I did want to jam the reception of the existing CB signals
on my property (at least in and around the house).

One of my neighbors uses rather 'salty' language and the local kids
use some walkie talkies around the house - I fugured that jamming the
outside signals would still allow the kids to talk due to their close
proximity.

Anything you might do to jam this CBer (like an oscillator to transmit an
OC) would also jam the walkie talkies.

1. Change the channel the walkie talkies operate on, or

2. Replace them with walkie talkies using another band. I believe there are
walkies talkies that also operate around 49 MHz.