Old September 6th 03, 02:20 PM
John Walton

The last time I asked Agilent for a replacement part (failed switching
supply) it cost more than the analyzer. We used a ginned up ATX supply with
some DC-DC converters.

"Mike Andrews" wrote in message
Yrrah wrote:
On a hot summer night the output of my 8640B suddenly disappeared. Later

learned that the output amp (marked 5086-7068) had failed. Any idea

where to
get a replacement? Apart from buying a second generator off course. Any

help
will be appreciated.
regards,
Harke PA0HRK

Looks like Agilent has a replacement part:

Part Part Description
Number Reference Used In Price Part

Category
5086-7068
[Obsolete] ORD-08640-67002
Type : New support part for which Agilent
owns the design specifications.

Replaced By 08640-67002, which is no longer orderable. They'll
exchange for a (? refurbished) part.

I found this at http://www.parts.agilent.com/, after a little
digging.

If you _do_ do the exchange, please let us know how it turns
out and what neighborhood the price was in. My 8640B will die
one of these days, too.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin since 1964