Old January 14th 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Harold E. Johnson Harold E. Johnson is offline

Default WTB Weller soldering iron

Do yourself a favor:

http://www.kimcodistributing.com/sto...=461&ITEM_ID=7

Fixing a Weller is good money after bad.

Dave, I'm 82 years old, have been a homebrewer for over 65 of them, and
possibly have melted more solder than you weigh. I have had employees and
myself using Weller products for at least 50 years and could really get
along without your sage advise. Now if you have a spare TC201 around,
name your price.

W4ZCB

I'm with you Harold. I have both and prefer the Weller's much more
flexible cord to the pen.

Dale W4OP

Sigh! GM Dale. Good to hear from you as always. All I was trying to do was
find an operational TC201 to go with my TC202. (Now I have. Thanks to W9GB,
Weller at Apex, NC will repair my old one. Try to get the Chinese folks to
supply that kind of service.) Now I have also seen how these threads develop
a life of their own. It all seems to start with an indefagitable desire to
express an opinion instead of help. I do believe I wouldn't trade a TC201
for 10K opinions. Make that 100K. Pick any number!

Regards
W4ZCB