Old January 15th 09, 10:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default why autopatches,ham radio, and CB radios are still good

"radioguy" wrote in message
I'm also sick of everyone saying "just use a payphone".

There are hardly any pay phones around anymore. There used to be lots.
Now there's almost none. Sure, the little booths that say "phone" are
still
there, but the actual phones are not.

And cell phone coverage does not work everywhere.

In a fify mile radius, I have only found one pay phone recently.

Places that used to have them have either taken them entirely out or
have left the booths but taken out the phones.

And yes, they used to be there years ago. I've seen them at those
places back then.

And when you can find a pay phone anymore, they usually don't work
anymore.

No dial tone.

Most of the pay phones are for sale on ebay..