Old January 15th 09, 02:40 PM posted to ,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics
Phisher.King. Phisher.King. is offline

Default Are hams terrorists?

radioguy wrote in
:

Take a look at the excuses the U.S. feds gave.

I don't know if all of these people really were terrorists or not as
the feds claim, however looking at the reasons the feds gave, I don't
see any way of any legittimate ham radio operator getting out of being
accused and arrested and ruled definitely a terrorist even if you are
a legitimate law-abiding ham. You won't be able to prove you're
innocent.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:...ps.derkeiler.c
om/pdf/Archive/Rec/rec.radio.amateur.misc/2008-04/msg00001.pdf+%22arres
ted+for+using+a+ham+radio%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl =us

The same might eventually be said for cbers also. Along with frs.gmrs
users, eventually.

I bought a ham the other day and found it quite tasty. I wasn't a bit
terrorized.

--
"The better educated a person is, the less likely it is that person will be
a conservative."