Old January 16th 09, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,alt.radio.family,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : PONG RadioGuy "Troll Story"s

On Jan 15, 3:45*pm, radioguy wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:12*am, Dave wrote:

radioguy wrote:

However, the FCC rules clearly say that I can transmit regular ham
radio on those exact same police frequencies even where the police can
hear me
doing so as long as I'm 1. transmitting from certain locations and 2.
not interfering with them (such as not transmitting over the polic
while they're talking, bt if they're *quiet, it's okay for me to
transmit on the same channel).

This is getting interesting. Tell me more.

In the U.S., the 420 to 430 mhz band is assigned to the police, public
safety, and I think even some businesses north of line A.

FCC rules say a ham is NOT allowed to transmit on those frequencies
while physically located north of line A.

FCC rules say that the same ham IS allowed to transmit with full power
on those frequencies while physically located south of line A as long
as
the ham south of line A does not cause any interference to the
licensed services located north of line A.

Questions: If I'm just a little south of line A and transmitting *ham
ragchews at a certain power level where the police in the next county
north of line A can not hear me on their radios, am I transmitting
legally or illegally?

I say legally. BUT

Say I make no change in my transmitter whatsoever and the police in
the next county happen to buy newer more sensitive radios and can now
just
happen to hear me transmitting over them. With me unaware they can now
hear me. Am I transmitting legally or illegally.

I made no changes whatsoever in my transmitter.

How can what was perfectly legal for me to do now be illegal for me to
do just because the police not in my area bought different newer
radios that happen to pick up radio transmissions better than their
old ones???

Furthermore, if a police officer sees a crime or speeder in his own
county, he is allowed to follow them into the next county and arrest
them there.

What if he crosses into the county south of line A and transmits from
there, but hears me.

As far as I know, he isn't legally allowed to transmit from south of
line A.

However, despite a lot of hams I see posting on the internet claiming
that hams have primary status in the 420 to 430 mhz band, I know that
hams
actually only have secondary status in that band, anywhere in the
country.

However, I don't think local police have anyathority in that band
south of line A, although I might be wrong about that.

After all, the FCC does say that even hams south of line A may not
interfere with police north of line A.

But what if that police officer travels south of line A where I'm sure
he's not allowed to transmit from?

I think it's only the federal government (and maybe some others) who
have primary status in that band, anywhere in the country.

I'll have to check up on that.

Another one of RadioGuy's absurd "Troll Story"s
-aka- 'war and peace' on the internet ~ RHF