Old January 15th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default N power connector rating?

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Jim-NN7K wrote:
One thing further- IF you check, you will see that the Physical
Size of a BNC (minus the connector locking outer ring) is the
same size as the N fitting! The "N" male will plug into a "BNC"
female,the BNC without its locking ring will plug into an "N"female!
There are temporary connectors to take advantage of this factor,
for testing (not permanent) connectors ! As info, Jim NN7K

I knew that. I have a home-made pair that I use from time-to-time in
the lab.

If you don't mind GRONKING the BNC fem on your test equipment. Very
naughty!

Once you do "N" you can't go back.