Old January 17th 09, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default More Hallicrafters S-20R Questions

"Bill M" wrote in message
Richard Knoppow wrote:
I've checked my wiring and can't find any errors
but, since the thing was heavily modified when I got it,
I have no idea of the original wiring layout and none
seems ever to have been printed.

Did you recap it? S-20R schematics are 'findable' on the
web if you want to revert to the original 'working'
version.

-ex

Its been recapped. I have an original insruction book,
actually, it the same one as on BAMA but much clearer, plus
another, a Sam's from another site. I also have the
schematics for all three versions of the S-40. I think the
configuration I have now _is_ the original but it has too
many problems. I wanted to know if this is normal for this
model or not. Its hard to believe its normal. There appears
to be something amis in the detector/AVC but tracing the
wiring has not shown up anything _yet_. I just don't want to
chase my tail if these were just not very good RX to begin
with.
This could also be a wiring error due to the previous
work done. I think I found all of them but maybe not. One
problem is not having a wiring layout. I mean a physical
layout, not just the schematic. They must have existed at
one time but may have all been lost in the sixty-somthing
years since the last S-20R was made.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL