Old January 17th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default TV 4:1 BALUN

On Jan 17, 2:44*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
I was considering using a TV type 4:1 balun on 2 meters. Does anyone
know how much power these can handle? I remember a guy doing this when
I was a teenager(long ago) but I think the baluns were built a little
stouter back then than they are now.

Jimmie

I wouldn't bother with those.. Tiny gauge wire..
Might be usable for a receive antenna, but I sure as heck
wouldn't use one for transmit.
I bet they are fairly lossy. Also.. they may not work too
well on the HF frequencies being they are designed for
VHF/UHF.