Old January 17th 09, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
JIMMIE[_2_] JIMMIE[_2_] is offline

Default 0.1" computer jumper crimping tool

On Jan 7, 1:47*pm, "Ross, NS7F" wrote:
Has anybody had any experience with those little cables used for
connections on computer motherboards, typically to front panel LEDs,
etc? The pins are 0.1" centered and would be extremely handy for
routing +12v around while breadboarding stuff. I think the official
name is IDT cables. However, whenever I search for them, I get the
crimpers for the massive 40 or 80-conductor cables for ATA ribbons! I
just want to make the little 2-3 conductor thingies...

Thanks for taking a look.

73 de Ross, NS7F

I use crimp on female RS 232 connectors
If you cant find a crimp tool they solder on very easily

Jimmie