Old January 20th 09, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default IBOC pioneers just laid off FIFTY-TWO percent

"Wingdingaling6" wrote in message
On Jan 19, 10:28 am, wrote:
Inside Radio today reported 20 staff positions have been cut.
The Maryland jobs-development loan specified iBiquity's 2008 payroll
as having 38 positions.

Looks like the IBOC pioneers just laid off FIFTY-TWO percent of their
existing workforce.

Of course, it's more like 14%, not 52%. All of you critics of radio use
faked-up statistics as the only way to make your case.

IBOC is to radio what the DTV Switchover will be to Broadcast
Television.

HD likely will not work on AM, but that is because, like AM stereo, it came
too late.

A complete, utter, un-mitigated, cluster-fu(ked disaster.

No, an attempt to jump into the digital world that was just not timely
enough. AM is pretty much dead, with little advertiser interest in most of
the remaining listeners.

Trust me when I say I wish that cancer or something else in the fatal
disease quivver of infectious strains would kill off every goddammed f-
n ******* who had anything whatsoever to do with IBOC on the AM band.
IBOC has totally destroyed AM radio DX ing and all pleasure of
listening with a classic analog car or home radio.

As I said earlier, AM DX can't be preserved if there is a way of making AMs
more viable. As it is, the night listening levels to AM are about 25% of
daytime levels, and there is no measured listening outside each station's
local groundwave coverage area. The need for night service died when evening
programming moved to TV, and then the FCC licensed about 10,000 more local
stations, obviating any need to listen to scratchy, fading, staticy AM
signals from afar.