Old January 20th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Grounding question

In article
,
wrote:

I plan to build a random wire antenna in my backyard with an RG8X
feedline.

I want to ground the feedline just before it enters the house.

Can I connect the coax to a SO-239 to SO-239 adapter (I think it's
called a PL-258), then attach the adapter directly to a ground rod
using a hose clamp?

Or, should I buy a lightning arrestor (e.g., Zap Trapper) and attach
that to ground rod just outside the house?

Thanks.

Zap Tapper is OK to use. There are others on this page you can use.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/protect.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California