Old January 20th 09, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BCBlazysusan BCBlazysusan is offline

Default Monitoring times "Change" the nutty obama future version of SW

On Jan 19, 7:26*am, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Didn't MT cater more to scanning when they started out?

I seem to remember it oriented more that way, back in the day.
I even had one of their scanner filters that was almost unnoticeable
whether inserted or not.
Of course they had their own version of an SWL pre-selector (TUN-3)
that I used after a Sony AN-1 with my 2010. It actually worked!

I have a copy here of "Satellite Times" published by Grove. (Volume 1, Number 1)
a short-lived venture.

On the cover it mentions "Shortwave Broadcasts from SPACE"!

Issue is for September/October 1994. Not sure how many other issues were
published.

Apparently folded in September of 1998.

I think I received it as a "complimentary" copy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA- Hide quoted text -

I have quite a few stacks of the magazine called simply "Shortwave" if
I remember right. Came from the UK. Is that magazine still in print? I
haven't seen it at Borders for a while. They always had a nice cover
but much of their info. was stuff I just wasn't interested in. I used
to like MT, but they seemed to "walk off the path" of what they used
to feature. The only one with purchasing in my opinion is PC. I
remember for "maybe" a year there was that magazine simply called "CB
Radio." I still have every edition from that magazine (maybe only
seven to nine) then they went out of business. I really enjoyed the
articles and pictures, very good read. Not much competition out there
IMO.