Old January 20th 09, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Monitoring times "Change" the nutty obama future version of SW

In article
,
BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Jan 19, 7:26*am, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Didn't MT cater more to scanning when they started out?

I seem to remember it oriented more that way, back in the day.
I even had one of their scanner filters that was almost
unnoticeable whether inserted or not. Of course they had their
own version of an SWL pre-selector (TUN-3) that I used after a
Sony AN-1 with my 2010. It actually worked!

I have a copy here of "Satellite Times" published by Grove.
(Volume 1, Number 1) a short-lived venture.

On the cover it mentions "Shortwave Broadcasts from SPACE"!

Issue is for September/October 1994. Not sure how many other issues were
published.

Apparently folded in September of 1998.

I think I received it as a "complimentary" copy.

I have quite a few stacks of the magazine called simply "Shortwave" if
I remember right. Came from the UK. Is that magazine still in print? I
haven't seen it at Borders for a while. They always had a nice cover
but much of their info. was stuff I just wasn't interested in. I used
to like MT, but they seemed to "walk off the path" of what they used
to feature. The only one with purchasing in my opinion is PC. I
remember for "maybe" a year there was that magazine simply called "CB
Radio." I still have every edition from that magazine (maybe only
seven to nine) then they went out of business. I really enjoyed the
articles and pictures, very good read. Not much competition out there
IMO.

Well MT editorialized that digital was the way they were going to
continue and that it was going to be their focus and that really ****ed
me off. I don't like that attitude shoved down my throat so the hell
with those pathetic jerks that can't figure out if they are a computer
or amateur magazine. All I know is they have forgotten the SWL.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California