Old November 18th 03, 01:24 AM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

David, leaving you out as one of the possibilities responsible
for throwing out this august group Give me one instance with
names of that which you are complaining about.

Actually some of those very same names have shamed other
people to leave this newsgroup and you will notice that
some of the language on this thread has already become
harsh and vindictive. So give me a name David, since
you are the first to come forward with the proverbial stone.
I.e. one without personal sin
Art
By the way what makes you think that these people are so
brittle that they will not return ?

Cecil Moore wrote in message ...
David J. Windisch wrote:
Speaking of pirhanas in the tank, this humble lurker and scribe takes this
opportunity to thank and congratulate you pirhanas posting here for driving
the likes of ... et al., right off this reflector with your feeding frenzies
over triviae, minutiae, and inconsequential stuff.

A larger question might be: Why do some (not all) of those guys stake their
reputations and egos on that very "triviae, minutiae, and inconsequential stuff"?

Some of those guys on your list disagree loud and long with each other, both
sides determined never to admit a mistake of any kind. Many list their degrees
and accomplishments as if those things are a vaccination against mistakes.

Driving a person off a public unmoderated newsgroup is impossible. What causes
people to leave this newsgroup under pressure is pride plus the heat in the kitchen.

Do you think we really need a newsgroup guru upper class whose assertions are
immune from other questioning minds?