Old January 21st 09, 06:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill M[_2_] Bill M[_2_] is offline

Default S-40B, S-38, SX-101 Re-Cap Kits

Lynn wrote:

"Bill M" wrote in message

I gather you're not into "restuffing" ?

-ex

Confess I've never done "restuffing" to get boatanchors
going for fun, but did a bit of it when working for food.
Older marine electronics gear often had "unobtanium"
parts....... relays, vibrators and such where one could use
the original cases for newer guts, and it was really the
only way lots of old stuff could be repaired without
"reinventing the wheel".
12 volt 60hz, 4 pin vibrators were my specialty.
(aided by a glut of 32 volt NOS vibrators) GRIN!
73, Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ (and marine radar tech)

Okay, Old Chief. Those 12 volt *60Hz* vibrators were a scarce thing
back then. Still are.

-Bill